Enjoy competitive salaries and exceptional benefits by joining the rapidly growing PACE team at Georgia Tech.
Located in the heart of vibrant Atlanta, Georgia, the Partnership for an Advanced Computing Environment (PACE) team defines and manages centralized research computing services at the Georgia Institute of Technology. We facilitate research efforts and foster strategic partnerships to provide Georgia Tech researchers with an unrivaled advantage, empowering them to lead their disciplines for the advancement of science and society across the globe. In addition to high-performance computing, we incorporate emerging cloud, network, data analytics, and storage technologies. Our fast-growing team directly supports faculty, students, and other researchers resulting in a dynamic environment filled with intellectual stimulation and continuous innovation.
This position will join the newly founded Software Collaboration and Support team within PACE, which provides expert consultation for development and utilization of scientific software, including release engineering of research algorithms, data sets, and source codes developed by Georgia Tech researchers from a wide variety of scientific domains. Responsibilities of this team include ensuring consistency, accuracy, performance, reproducibility, revision control, and rapid delivery of source codes and finished products in close collaboration with the faculty, post-docs, graduate students, and other researchers. While this position is not dependent on external funding, the successful candidate is expected to actively seek collaborations with Georgia Tech researchers on scientific publications and grants. Overall, this position will play a critical bridge role between state-of-the-art cyberinfrastructure and world-class scholars of Georgia Tech, revealing a powerful combination of the two.
This position will also take part in maintaining, growing, and supporting the PACE scientific repository including a large number of open source and licensed Linux software used by all of the cluster users from different domains. This includes compilation of new codes, integration to HPC/HTC middleware (e.g. MPI, schedulers), software modules, license management, and documentation.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate proficiency with several advanced skills, which may include mainstream programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Spark, Scala, C/C++, Fortran), accelerators (e.g. CUDA, OpenACC), parallel languages (e.g. MPI, OpenMP, P-threads), scientific libraries/solvers (e.g. BLAS/MKL, FFTW, HDF5, PETSc, numpy, scipy), large-scale software development, revision control, modular programming, debugging, profiling, optimization, and regression analysis. Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. docker, singularity) is a strong preference.
This position will play a key role for making the excellent science produced at Georgia Tech more visible and easily accessible in the form of high-quality software distributed at wide scale, advancing the position of Georgia Tech as a leader in improving the human condition in Georgia, the United States, and around the globe.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High degree of motivation and the ability to work closely with faculty, researchers, and IT professionals while providing software solutions in an advanced computing environment.
- Ability to contribute to large projects requiring expert knowledge of release engineering practices, wide variety of programming languages, frameworks, scientific libraries, and large-scale software development.
- Ability to take part in complex and recurring cycles of code development, compilation, debugging, parallelization, optimization, tuning, and regression analysis.
Additional knowledge, skills, and experience that are desirable, but NOT required:
- Experience with container technologies
- Understanding of scheduling systems and job management in clusters
- Good command of RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system
- Complete the the application form, available here.
- Send the application form, cover letter, and your CV via one of the methods below to Nuyun Zhang, OIT/ART/PACE
- email: email@example.com
- fax: (404) 385-9548
- postal mail (signature confirmation recommended): 258 4th Street NW, Rich Building, #324 Atlanta, GA 30332-0700
Please use this email address above to notify us for documents transmitted via fax or postal mail.